Thursday, March 18, 2010

About Me

My name is Constantin Poselski. Ever since I could remember, I have had an unquenchable curiosity for psychology, especially personalities. Every night, I would recall all of my interactions with people and start thinking. While deep in thought, I would think up some deep questions. For example, why do we behave differently in front of our friends than we do with our parents? This questioning soon led me to one conclusion: by studying people and the way they behave, I am able to better predict people’s actions. From the way a person is standing, it is easy to determine whether or not he really will “Punch your eyes out”.

I plan to use this knowledge in psychology to create psychological thrillers. Movies that really make you think and wonder; question life and the consequences of one’s actions. Quinton Tarantino is one of the directors I admire, especially for his work in “Pulp Fiction”. To be able to create three separate periods of time and bring them together so that they cross paths is just plain awesome. His whole style of filming is unconventional and I admire him for that.

Another director I find inspirational, for a completely different reason, is Stanley Kubrick. In “A Clockwork Orange”, Kubrick transforms his characters with such ease and in such a drastic way but in doing so, he is actually manipulating the audience and playing with their emotions. To be able to change the mindset of a person is a difficult task that not many can accomplish. I am determined and I never turn down a challenge. I enjoy pushing myself to new limits and if I keep at it, there is no say in what the mind can accomplish.


No comments:

Post a Comment