Sunday, May 23, 2010

My Media 150 Class

"">

My Media 150 class has been an epic experience. The lectures have been very informative and the labs were very hands on. Through all the ups and downs, I’ve learned many things having to do with camera composition, lighting placements, and photoshop.

I feel that I have learned the most from the labs because I learn a lot better when I’m working hands-on with equipment rather than just reading about it from a textbook. ­­I definitely have a better understanding of photoshop and feel confident in being able to work with it at home or elsewhere in the future. Also, if I ever find myself on a set, I can be confident that if someone asks me to set up the lighting, I can do so without any hesitation. I wouldn’t need to ask the director how to make it work!

One thing that I felt wasn’t strong enough was the review for the exams. Basically, the professor would tell us to study for the exam by reviewing the lecture slides that are posted online. He did not tell us what to review or what to reread. It creates a lot of stress when studying for the midterm and final because I just get overwhelmed with readings and lectures to the point of exhaustion. It would be a lot better if the professor would give us an outline of what will be on the exam.

Overall, I think the Media 150 class was very informative, very interesting, and an experience worth having for all newcomers. I can now confidently pick up a camera and know what the inside looks like and how it functions because I know better than to think it’s just a point and shoot. I believe that all media will one day clash together to form a synergy like no other. And until then, I will remain headstrong in the direction of film and hope for the best out of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment